The Official Hogwarts Book Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Member Introductions

+11
Deanna Oliver
Glitchie
Shiloh Morasco
BlackWings02
angel99ek
Accio_Sabrina
Willow Randall
danielleak
Rebma90
Shane
Amber
15 posters

Go down

New Member Introductions Empty New Member Introductions

Post  Amber Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:03 pm

New members can make themselves known here! Tell us a little bit about yourself! House, favorite books and favorite genres are a good place to start!

Amber
Head Girl

https://hogwartsbookclub.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

New Member Introductions Empty Re: New Member Introductions

Post  Shane Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:45 pm

Hi everyone! My name is Shane, I'm 19 years old and a freshmen in college. I'm majoring in Biochemistry and plan on minoring in environmental sciences. When I finish college, I want to go into pharmacy school, and eventually become a pharmacist. I love reading. Some of my favorite series are Harry Potter, the Hunger Games, and Heroes of Olympus, but I'm open to reading pretty much everything. I'm super excited for myHogwarts and would consider myself a Ravenclaw.

I would love to chat with all of you, so feel free to send me a message and we can chat! I'm excited to meet you all! Talk to you soon!

-Shane

Shane
Shane
Ravenclaw

http://livinginparadise9.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Rebma90 Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:58 am

Hi, I'm Amber Wilson. I'm 21 years old. Some of you guys might know me from the following FB groups: MyHogwarts: Beta Class, Ravenclaws on MyHogwarts (which I am an admin of), Diagon Alley; For Harry Potter Fans, and I just joined the FB group for this forum. I also am planning to join the MyKnockturn Alley group as well. I'm Ravenclaw Beater and Captain of the HP-trivia based Quidditch Team on the MyHogwarts: Beta Class FB group.

As you can probably tell by now, I consider myself a Ravenclaw, though I do have some Gryffindor-like tendancies. You get to know me well enough, you'll start seeing those. Who knows? Maybe you already have. Smile

My favorite books are: The Harry Potter series (of course), The Hunger Games, Percy Jackson and the Olympians/The Lost Heroes by Rick Riordan, The Kane Chronicles, also by Rick Riordan, and The Iron Fey series, by Julie Kagawa.

My favorite genres are: Romance (I particularly like to read about love triangles), Fantasy, Action/Adventure, and Modern Mythology (that's Mythology and Modern-Day mixed together; Rick Riordan writes those.).

Rebma90
Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Post  danielleak Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:27 pm

Hello! I'm Danielle, I'm 13. Some of you all might know me from the Battle of Hogwarts, myHogwarts: The Beta Class, and random pages here and there. I'm an avid reader, writer of fiction, and writer of fanfiction. Most of my writing I keep to myself though. I also tend to sketch and draw a lot, I'm no good in my opinion though.

I am a Ravenclaw through and through, and have a lot of tendencies from that house. I'll protect my friends and my house with my life, and I take an insult to any of them personally.

I like Harry Potter(ob-viously), The Hunger Games, Rick Riordan's series', Terry Brooks novels, and basically anything you give me that has a parallel world, mythology, or dragons in it.

My favorite genres are sci-fy, fantasy, romance, and mythology.
danielleak
danielleak
Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Post  Willow Randall Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:27 pm

Welcome, everyone!

I'm Willow, one of your friendly neighbourhood Admins/Mod People.

We all really hope that you enjoy it here!
Willow Randall
Willow Randall
Prefect: Ravenclaw House

http://gothiclolita009.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

New Member Introductions Empty hello!

Post  Accio_Sabrina Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:52 pm

Hi there! My name's Sabrina and i'm 18 years old. I'm a freshman in college studying biochemistry and perhaps taking up a second major in cell and molecular biology. I love singing, reading, theater, and all things science.

I read a lot of books, so i figured a book club was perfect for me! I'm in Pottermore Beta, so add me if you are too: howlthestral99 Smile

I am hoping to read some good books, meet some nice people, and overall have fun in thic book club! Oh, and i'm a Ravenclaw!

Nice meeting you all,

Sabrina

Accio_Sabrina
Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

New Member Introductions Empty Heya!

Post  angel99ek Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:23 pm

Heya everyone!
I'm Eesha, and Im 13 and I love Hp (of course!). I'm a hufflepuff but I don't discriminate against houses! I love school and learning (so yeah, it could seem Im a ravenclaw but more puffy). I love reading a lot and I write stories dabbling mostly in HP fanfics. My fav books are Hunger Games, Uglies, Matched, City of Ember, Percy Jackson, HP (OF COURSE!), Secrets of Immortal Nicholas Flamel, and The Immortals by Alyson Noel and some others. Yes Im a reader Smile .
I got into myHogwarts beta on day6-8 (forgot which!) and I cant wait till it opens! P.S. Since Im more of a puff, u'll deffie see some Hufflepuff tendencies such as loyalty and fairness. So I hope to have a good reading session here! My fav types are: Fantasy, Time, mythology, adventure, romance. Yup and thats me!

Peace out people! cheers (as a peace sign)
See ya while reading!
Eesha <3 Smile
angel99ek
angel99ek
Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Post  BlackWings02 Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:08 pm

Hi everyone! I'm Ashley Wagner. I'm 21, a single mother of a beautiful baby boy and a lover of all things Harry Potter. Well, a lot of books too actually. I am a Day 2 beta for myHogwarts, and cannot wait til it opens! This site looks great, and as a Ravenclaw, books are my most prized possession, in digital format or on paper. It'll be nice to get to know you all!
BlackWings02
BlackWings02
Ravenclaw

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/3726999/BlackWings02

Back to top Go down

Post  Shiloh Morasco Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:02 am

My name is Shiloh Morasco and I am a book-a-holic. I am a mix of all Hogwarts Houses, which makes me a SlytherClawPuffindor. Looking forward to the grand opening of the site and getting to know the rest of you.

Shiloh Morasco

Back to top Go down

New Member Introductions Empty Hello

Post  Glitchie Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:44 am

Hi everyone!

I'm posting under my regular forum ID (so I don't have to remember ANOTHER login, LOL), Glitchie, but this is Sharon Akins from FB. Thank you for accepting me. I LOVED to read before I started having trouble with my vision. I'm still trying to find out what's going on, but the doctors think it my be a form of dyslexia. So, if any of the book club books are in audio format, I will gladly listen.

Later!
Glitchie
Glitchie
Slytherin

Back to top Go down

New Member Introductions Empty New Gryffindor in the House! :)

Post  Deanna Oliver Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:38 am

Hi, hello. I'm Deanna Oliver.
I'm 17 years old and a high school graduate.
I am currently unemployed and an aunt.
I plan to go to college for Interpreter training (2 years).

I started reading Harry Potter when I was young (about 7 or 8).
I stopped when I was in the first few chapters of Order of the Phoenix, for unknown reasons.
I did finish the series, recently. When I was done I bought them all for myself. :)
I have seen all 8 movies in theaters the years they came out.
The final movie was my first midnight premiere.

I love books. I've been reading for as long as I can remember.
To me they are an escape. A world I want to go to. A place were I'd belong.
I hope I'll meet new people here and have a good time. :)

Last edited by Deanna Oliver on Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:14 pm; edited 3 times in total
Deanna Oliver
Deanna Oliver
Gryffindor

http://ddmae12.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ABarbeau93 Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:43 am

hi <3 my name is ashley i am 19 and i am studying to be a elementary school teacher in college in the US also i am a ravenclaw (GO EAGLES!). I have several favorite books that include but are not limited to: the eyes of the dragon by stephen king, a million little peices by james frey, the inkheart trilogy, the flowers in the attic series, the hunger games trilogy, and of course Harry Potter. if you want to know more just ask flower

ABarbeau93
Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Post  HeidiLin Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:54 am

Hey all;
My name is Heidi; I am 26 and from Canada. I love the Harry Potter series <3 as well as any and all true crime books. I am currently finishing my last class online to get my BA Psychology from the University of Regina, in Regina, Canada (so I may not be super active on here until April when I am done this course). That being said, I look forward to reading with you Smile
HeidiLin
HeidiLin
Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post  nikkib17 Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:32 pm

Hi eveyone, my name is Nicki. I'm 20 years old and a sophmore in college, from the US. I'm majoring in Nursing. I'm a Ravenclaw, and have loved Harry Potter since I was in 2nd grade (I was like 7 years old). Outside of Harry Potter, I fell in love with Doctor Who this past summer, and my evil best guy friend, who I love so much, very recently got me hooked on Stargate. I'm typically a shy and quiet person, who, if school wasn't so busy, would always be reading a book. Very Happy

nikkib17
Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Post  ginny2908 Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:07 pm

Hi, I'm Ginny. I am 20 and a Biochemistry major in college, with a minior in music. I hope to do cancer research when I graduate. I love to read and am often described as "sarcasitic" (though I don't know where that comes from Cool ).

ginny2908
Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down