The Official Hogwarts Book Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Journey into Inkheart

Go down

My Journey into Inkheart Empty My Journey into Inkheart

Post  Glitchie Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:53 pm

Okay, I have to admit that I was never very good at book reports, so please bear with me... I really wish I'd read - or in my case, listened - to this book before I saw the movie. I think it (the movie) would have made a lot more sense to me if I had. Also, you have to realize, I was listening to this book, so I may get some names wrong in spelling.

I really liked the imagery the author used in describing the scenes; how cold things were, how the pages of books sounded when you turned them, each book sounding different etc. I also like the concept of being able to be read into a book, or in Dustfinger, Capricorn, Bastar (sounds really close to Bastard, LOL), Flatnose, Tinkerbell, and Faried's cases, read out of a book. I think out of all the characters, my favorite was Dustfinger although I had a good laugh at the others, like Elenor for example, said some pretty funny things.

I found it interesting that Bastar, and the Magpie, and some others didn't get killed or didn't disappear when they'd been just as cruel as Capricorn himself. I also wonder if Teresa will ever get her voice back. It seemed fitting that, particularly after Elenor's books had been burned, that Teresa, Mo, and Meggie moved into the house with her at the end of the story.

I look forward to listening to InkSpell, even though Brendan Fraiser reads it and there are some things he says that are hard to understand. There was a sample of chapter one with him reading at the end of the audio version of Inkheart. I want to see if we find out what happens to Dustfinger, Faried, Meggie, Mo, and Teresa. All in all, it was an enjoyable book.

Glitchie
Glitchie
Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum